Our Terms & Conditions
All Goods sold or installed by Camden Fires and Pine Limited (hereinafter called the Company), are subject to the terms and conditions stated below.
The acceptance of orders means the acceptance of the conditions set out below which may not be altered other than in writing, signed by a Director of the Company.
- All delivery and installations dates quoted in good faith and are correct at the time of ordering, however these dates are approximate and subject to change Camden Fires and Pine Limited cannot be accept responsibility for deliveries or installations that may slightly run over the date/dates quoted. The delay on delivery or installation will not constitute good reason for cancellation of the the order placed.
- The Company strongly recommends that all flues be swept prior to installation. The Company cannot be held responsible for faulty flues, chimney stacks or pots prior to or after installation. Where an open pot has been fitted by the Company or another party the Company cannot be held responsible for any damage to carpets or fireplace and its surrounding area resulting from soot loosened by rain, hail or snow. This is why it is advisable to have chimneys swept. Existing chimneys and flues form part of the customers property. In the event that a fire fails to operate correctly due to any deficiency in the flue or chimney the Company or its subcontractor may accept to rectify the problem at the customers expense.
- Due to marble and stone being a product of nature the irregularities vary immensely, no two pieces of marble or stone are the same colour or shade. Grain markings vary, most marbles have natural craters, and open-grain marble marble can be mistaken for cracks. Marble and stone is sold subject to filling, polishing and natural defects.
Wood, like all natural materials, has inherent disparities in colour and grain pattern. Because of variations caused by nature, over which the Company has no control, the Company does its best to match the finish samples and grain examples provided The Company does not guarantee an exact match to any samples provided due to the natural variation in wood, each piece will have a variation in how it accepts the finishing process. When the finishing coats are applied to the wood surface, variations will occur in colour, character, tone and grain from product to product. Slight variations between samples and finished goods should be anticipated. These variations will not be accepted by the Company as a reason to return an order.
- It has been brought to our attention that a lot of cheap imported coal is being used in open fires. As this coal has a higher percentage on volatiles than British coal the temperature reached in these fires is very high, in some cases we understand the cast iron grates have been partially melted. As marble/granite is not naturally fire resistant, the higher the temperature reached the more likely the marble/granite will crack. By cutting the marble/granite into sections we are introducing expansion joints, which reduces the possibility of the marble/granite cracking, however in no way does this make marble/granite heat resistant or crack-proof. We as a Company cannot accept any claims for any slabbed panels or hearths cracking after installation.
- Please make sure that there is clear and ready access to your Gas Meter, as fitters will not be able to test for gas escapes. Our Employees (or Agents) may not carry out any work that has not been arranged with the Company. Customers should ensure that the room is cleared and TV / Computer and all electronic equipment, ornaments and furniture are disconnected and removed prior to the arrival of our fitters, as no responsibility will be accepted for any damage. No debris will be removed from the installation, as a special licence is required for this. The Company will bag rubbish and tidy as much as possible.
- All deposits are non-refundable and all orders irrevocable unless agreed by The Company all outstanding monies are due prior to delivery/installation, unless agreed otherwise.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur to the customers existing fireplace, décor, plaster or skirting board around the installation. The Company will not re-fit skirting boards, coving, carpets or re-plaster as these are specialised skills.
- Any unaccounted for work required on the day of fitting (necessary) to the installation of the purchase will be charged to the customer by the Company on that day. Prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) unless shown as additional to the total. The Company does not accept any responsibility for / or grantee any fire disconnected or connected by us that has not been supplied by the Company
- (Guarantee or otherwise, The Company will not be responsible for any redecoration or damage to supply goods only). Gas Safe requires its members to work to recognised standards. Therefore, in the interest of safety , DO NOT ALLOW ANY NON-REGISTERED PERSON TO INSTALL THE APPLIANCE. In addition it is likely to lead to damage of the appliance and invalidate the guarantee. We shall not be held responsible for poor workmanship by other parties, hence having no obligation to put right their work. Goods will be delivered in good condition, upon which a signature will be taken
MULTIFUEL AND WOOD BURNING STOVES.
- The following items of any multi fuel or wood burning stoves are NOT covers by warranty, Grate Bars, Stove Glass, Door Seals and Glass Seals.
- Fuel for any solid fuel appliance must be purchased from an approved Coal Merchant and have the relevant documentation for any warranty claim.
- Servicing, all solid fuel appliances must be serviced once within every 12 month period and swept at least once if using smokeless fuel or twice if using Bituminous coal.
- All solid fuel appliances must be fitted by a HETAS approved engineer, failure to do so will invalidate any warranty claim.
WARRANTY ON GAS APPLIANCES.
- All gas appliances must be installed by a Gas Safe engineer and serviced at least once in every 12 months, in the case of products with extended warranties it is a stipulation of the terms of the warranty. This must be arranged with a Gas Safe fitter. We will require a copy of the gas safety certificate issued on the day, or last service by the Gas Safe registered installer before we proceed with a warranty claim.
- A payment of 50% deposit is required upon signing the order contract. An order will not be started until the deposit has been received. All lead times promised are based on receipt of deposit The outstanding balance due 3 days prior to delivery.
- A minimum of 25% cancellation charge will apply to all orders cancelled. For custom and bespoke items, deposits are non-refundable due to the additional labour and materials that go into a custom item order.
- RISK – The Company examines all before leaving the premises and after delivery are at the customers risk. The Company will accept no for careless handling, storage or through incorrect fixing.
- DAMAGE – The Company must be informed in writing, within 3 working days of receipt of the goods, of any damages or shortages that may have occurred through transit or fitting, otherwise no claims will be accepted.
- All goods carry a manufacturer guarantee (except showroom displays), in the unlikely event that any fire or surround has to be removed and refitted at anytime under guarantee or otherwise. The Company will not be responsible for any redecoration or damage to wallpaper etc.
- The Company retains full title and rights of ownership of any and all goods supplied until such time as payment in full is received.
- Any dispute arising from this contract shall be deemed to fall within the jurisdiction of the county court or the court, Aos discretion and will be dealt with in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.