There are several types of fireplaces that you can install in your home. You can either install a fireplace fueled by wood or gas. With further modernization, you can now install a fireplace in your house powered by electricity. In this article, you will find the advantages and disadvantages of installing an electric fireplace in your house.
Advantages of Electric Fireplaces
- Ease of installation. Unlike other types of fireplace installations, electric fireplaces are easy to install. Latest models of electric fireplaces can be installed within an hour. It does not need a big space to be installed. Some models can be mounted on walls automatically. If you have an old fireplace, you easily install it in there. Moreover, electric fireplace comes with a guide, which is easy to understand and follow. Installation is so easy that you can do it yourself. All you need to install this type of fireplace is a screwdriver, glass cleaner, and the like.
- Friendly to the environment. Fireplaces fueled by electricity are more environment friendly compared to wood burning and gas burning fireplaces. It does not produce any kind of exhaust unlike the first two types of fireplaces. It may still emit greenhouse gases, but not as bad as additional carbon dioxide emitted by wood burning and gas burning fireplaces.
- It is convenient. The beauty of installing a fireplace fueled with electricity in your house is that you don’t have to bother yourself with chopping woods to keep warm. Additionally, this type of fireplace comes with remote controls. If you want to keep warm, all you need to do is push a small button, and you’re good to go. Other models are also equipped with temperature control. If the desired temperature is reached, the heater will turn off by itself. Latest models of this type come with fans, which help distribute heat evenly in the entire room. When not in use, you can easily turn it off and turn on the fake flames to give your room and house a different ambience.
- Versatile and stylish. During the summer, your electric fireplace will not be used as much, but you can turn on the fake flames to give your home a different look. Latest and modern designs allow users to change the color and speed of the flames giving you flexibility and versatility. No matter what style you prefer, you can find the perfect tone and speed for your fake flames.
Disadvantages of Electric Fireplaces
- Too pricey for a space heater. You have to admit that an electric fireplace is pricey, and there are other heaters that you can buy that will serve the same purpose. If you are not so keen into the aesthetic value an electric fireplace can provide, you can always opt for the less pricey space heater.
- The fake flames are not enough. Sometimes, the look of the fake flames would not satisfy some people. For some people, nothing beats the aromatic burn from wood burning fireplaces, and the cracking sound of wood burning.
These are the upsides and downsides of installing a fireplace powered by electricity. If you think that this is suited for your style and your home, you can always find a reputable store that sells reputable brands of electric fireplaces.