Do you have an old fireplace in your house? Do you want to make some changes and improvements for your fireplace? Are you considering of remodeling your fireplace to give it a new look? If your answer to these questions is a unanimous yes, please read on. Remodeling your fireplace may take for the entire fireplace to be remodeled, and not just a part of it. However, there are also other ways to give your fireplace a fresh and new look to make the change economical.
• Brick or Stone Fireplace. If you have a brick or stone fireplace, you can give it a new look by adding a tile over it. This will give your fireplace a new and elegant look without really spending that much. Adding a tile over your fireplace is easy to do and will not consume much of your time.
• Resurfacing the entire Fireplace. A fireplace remodeling project may require for the entire fireplace to be resurfaced. This is more costly than the latter and would require more work and effort. If you don’t know how to do it yourself, it is time you keep those fingers working and call a professional to help do the work.
• Gas Fueled Fireplace. If you want to give your fireplace a modern look, you can consider changing your wood burning fireplace to gas burning fireplace. This is more environment friendly than the traditional log burning firebox. This is also more convenient than the latter.
• Marble, Limestone, or Granite. These materials would give your stone or brick fireplace a different look. You can also give your fireplace a different look by using a different kind and color of fireproof brick. Give your fireplace a different cobblestone by using soapstone or limestone. You should know that there is no limit when it comes to redesigning and remodeling your fireplace.
• Spill the paint. If you are not keen with investing on marbles and other kinds of stones, you can instead paint your fireplace’s brick or stone surface. There are a lot of colors in the color wheel, and you are open to experiment. You can also give your gas burning fireplace a different look by painting the areas that can be painted. This should be a fun experience for you.
• Stencil. After painting your fireplace, you might want to consider stenciling it to give your fireplace a neater and cuter brick work. You can always let out your designer side and come up with your original and unique stencil work.
These are the things that you can do to remodel your fireplace, and give it a different look. Some remodeling methods may take some time to finish, some don’t. Some may cost you thousands of dollars; some will not. Either way, your fireplace, will surely have a different look and will give your home a different ambience, as well.